I love this old school Farmers Breakfast Casserole. Super easy to make using a handful of simple ingredients you probably already have at home.
It really doesn't get much simpler than this to make a wonderful breakfast casserole. A handful of ingredients mixed together in a casserole dish and less than 1 hour to bake.
💭 Ingredient Substitutions
You can easily customize this recipe to your liking by making any of the following substitutions. Use chopped Bacon instead of Ham. Use shredded hashbrowns instead of the diced. Or green chilies instead of the green onions.
I like to serve this breakfast casserole with a little bit of salsa and sour cream. If you are serving kids, you may want to sere it with a little ketchup.
A key step to ensure this recipe turns out is letting it sit in the refrigerator before baking. I recommend a minimum of 4 hours but you can make it the day before and let it sit overnight.
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Breakfast Casserole: Frozen Hashbrowns, Monterey Jack Cheese, Ham, Green Onions, Eggs, Evaporated Milk, Ground Black Pepper and Salt.
🥣 How do I make this Farmers Breakfast Casserole
Arrange hashbrowns evenly in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese, ham or bacon and onion. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pepper and salt and blend well.
Pour egg mixture over potato mixture, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Bake uncovered at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes.
🍳 Recipe Card
Farmers Breakfast Casserole
- 3 Cups Frozen Hashbrowns, diced or shredded
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Ham, diced
- ¼ Cup Green Onions, diced
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- ¼ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ Tsp Salt
- Arrange hashbrowns evenly in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese, ham or bacon and onion. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pepper and salt and blend well.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.