I came across this recipe for Fat Archie's Molasses Cookies in an old Canadian cookbook that was given to me by a family member when I was writing my first cookbook.
The person that originally published this recipe had no idea where the name Fat Archies came from but indicated that it's the name that appeared at the top of an old handwritten recipe.
I'm going to assume that this cookie recipe is more than just some dude named "Fat Archie" who created it. If you happen to know the history or origins of Fat Archie's Molasses Cookies let me know in the comments below. I would love to know!
These cookies are soft and chewy molasses cookies with a very distinct flavor. Easy to make with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
For more great cookie recipes, make sure you check out my Cookie Jar. You should also check out some of these awesome recipes:
📋 What ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make these Molasses cookies: Light Brown Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Molasses, Milk, Baking Soda, Eggs, Ground Ginger, Ground Cinnamon, Salt and All Purpose Flour.
🥣 How to make "Fat Archie's" Molasses Cookies
In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and vegetable oil and mix well.
Add molasses to brown sugar mixture and mix. Combine milk and baking soda and add to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
Add beaten egg and sifted dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
Place a dollop of cookie dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet leaving enough room in-between as these cookies will expand during the baking process.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. After that, let the cookies cool on a wire rack before serving.
"Fat Archie's" Molasses Cookies
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Molasses
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 3 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add molasses to brown sugar mixture and mix. Combine milk and baking soda and add to mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add beaten egg and sifted dry ingredients to mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet, place a dollop of cookie dough on baking sheet leaving enough room in-between as these cookies will expand during the baking process.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Let cookies cool on wire rack before serving.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.