Next time I figure I will have to make some Chicken Tostadas so I cover all the important proteins. That being said, so far my favorite tostadas happen to be these Turkey Tostadas.
Just like my other tostada recipes, this one is super easy to make. Even easier if you follow my tip below. These delicious tostadas can be ready in about 15 minutes which makes it perfect for those weeknight dinners after a long day at work.
💭 Recipe Tip
Jennie-O sells ground turkey pre-seasoned with taco seasoning. You can save a bit of time using the pre-seasoned turkey. You won't notice the difference if you season it yourself!
If you decide to make your own tostada shells instead of pre-made ones, spray both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray. Place them on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until browned.
🥑 How to Pick the Perfect Avocado
Choosing the wrong avocado will ruin your dish. Especially when the avocado is the main ingredient like in Guacamole. Basically, you want a perfectly ripe Avocado. This is a great article on how to select the perfect avocado.
🎥 How to cut an Avocado
💭 Recipe Variation
Just like most simple recipes like this one, you can sub or add some of the ingredients. You can use some Colby Jack Cheese and some Monterey Cheese for the Mexican Blend Cheese. You can even use some Salsa instead of chopped tomatoes.
For more great recipes with Refried Beans, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Homemade Turkey Tostadas recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Tostada Shells, Lean Ground Turkey, Taco Seasoning, Water, Refried Beans, Avocado, Tomato, Mexican Blend Cheese, Lettuce, Green Onions and Sour Cream.
🥣 How to make Homemade Turkey Tostadas
In a skillet, cook the ground turkey until browned. Drain any excess liquid. Add the taco seasoning and water and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Spread the heated beans evenly over the tostada shells. Cover the beans with the turkey mixture, avocado, tomato, cheese and lettuce. Top with green onions and sour cream.
Homemade Turkey Tostadas
- 6 Tostada Shells
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1.25 oz Taco Seasoning
- ¾ Cup Water
- 1 Cup Refried Beans, heated
- 1 Avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 1 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 Cup Lettuce, shredded
- 3 tablespoon Green Onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
- In a skillet, cook the ground turkey until browned. Drain any excess liquid. Add the taco seasoning and water and continue to cook for 5 minutes.1 lb Lean Ground Turkey, 1.25 oz Taco Seasoning, ¾ Cup Water
- Spread the heated beans evenly over the tostada shells. Cover the beans with the turkey mixture, avocado, tomato, cheese and lettuce. Top with green onions and sour cream.6 Tostada Shells, 1 Cup Refried Beans, 1 Avocado, 1 large Tomato, 1 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese, 1 Cup Lettuce, 3 tablespoon Green Onions, ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.