Tired of the same old boring baked beans recipe? Then you need to try this recipe where the beans are infused with some Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey.
🥃 Alcohol Warning
Please take into consideration that some of the alcohol in this recipe may not completely burn off and the remains could be of significant concern to recovering alcoholics, parents, and others who have ethical or religious reasons for avoiding alcohol.
As you would expect, this recipe is super simple to make and ready to eat in about 30 minutes. This makes it a good candidate for busy weeknights when you don't have a lot of time on your hands.
If you like your beans to have that awesome smokey flavor, you can optionally add a teaspoon of liquid smoke. Since liquid smoke is not common in many kitchens, you can leave it out and it won't impact the overall flavor of this delicious side dish.
I usually have just about every type of mustard available in my fridge. But if you don't have any spicy brown mustard and don't want to buy a bottle just for this recipe, you can easily substitute for some Dijon mustard. Or as a last resort, you can use yellow mustard but it will be missing some of the "kick" you get from spicy mustard.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make Jack Daniel's Baked Beans: Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, Vegetable Oil, Yellow Onion, Light Brown Sugar, Baked Beans, Spicy Brown Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce and Liquid Smoke.
🥣 How to make Jack Daniel's Baked Beans
In a large saucepan, heat the oil.
Stir in the onion and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the onions are soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the Jack Daniel's Whiskey, baked beans, brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and if using, the liquid smoke.
Let the beans simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Jack Daniel's Baked Beans
- ⅓ Cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 28 oz Baked Beans
- 1 tablespoon Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil.
- Stir in the onion and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the onions are soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Jack Daniel's Whiskey, baked beans, brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and if using, the liquid smoke.
- Let the beans simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.