This Lemon Pot de Crème dessert is super easy to make. Trust me it's well worth the effort to make this yummy dessert.
I love this Lemon Pot de Crème recipe. If you don’t know what Pot de Crème is, you can read more about it here Wiki – Pot de Creme. This is one of the easiest desserts you can make. Yes, it does need to chill in the freezer for several hours but it’s well worth the wait.
I’ve included a topping recipe below but you can easily use the Whipped Cream variety that comes in a can. But if you do use the topping I’ve included, please remember that it contains alcohol (see Chef’s note below for more information). I’ve had this Lemon Pot de Crème both ways and the star of the show is the Lemon Cream.
The consistency of this delicious Lemon Pot de Crème dessert is similar to a custard but still light & fluffy at the same time. This lemon cream almost melts in your mouth! When I get bored with this recipe, I am going to make the chocolate version of this fabulous dessert. If this is not the type of dessert you are interested in, make sure you check out my collection of sweet tooth recipes.
How to make Lemon Pot de Crème.
1- In a medium bowl, dissolve sugar in cream. Add lemon juice and zest. Mix well but don’t beat. The mixture will gradually thicken.
2- Place the lemon cream in six individual dessert dishes, like a small ramekin.
3- Place ramekin’s in the freezer for at least 2 hours before serving. The lemon cream should but hard to the touch.
4- To serve, put a dollop of the topping or whipped cream. Let stand at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Lemon Pot de Crème
Lemon Cream Ingredients
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream, Whipped
- 2 Tbsp Brandy
- Lemon Zest , for garnish
how to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, dissolve sugar in cream. Add lemon juice and zest. Mix well but don’t beat. Mixture will gradually thicken.
- Place the lemon cream in six individual dessert dishes, like a small ramekin.
- Place ramekin’s in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving. The lemon cream should but hard to the touch.
- To serve, put a dollop of the topping or whipped cream. Let stand at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.