I love this Lemon Pot de Crème recipe. If you don't know what Pot de Crème is, you can read more about it here Wiki - Pot de Creme.
This is one of the easiest desserts you can make. Yes, it does need to chill in the freezer for several hours but it's well worth the wait.
I've included a topping recipe below but you can easily use the Whipped Cream variety that comes in a can.
But if you do use the topping I've included, please remember that it contains alcohol (see Chef's note below for more information). I've had this Lemon Pot de Crème both ways and the star of the show is the Lemon Cream.
🥃 Alcohol Warning
The consistency of this delicious Lemon Pot de Crème dessert is similar to a custard but still light & fluffy at the same time. This lemon cream almost melts in your mouth!
When I get bored with this recipe, I am going to make the chocolate version of this fabulous dessert. If this is not the type of dessert you are interested in, make sure you check out my collection of sweet tooth recipes.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this lemon pot de crème recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Heavy Whipping Cream, Lemon Juice, White Sugar, Lemon Zest, Brandy and Lemon Zest.
🥣 How to make Lemon Pot de Crème
In a medium bowl, dissolve sugar in cream. Add lemon juice and zest. Mix well but don't beat. The mixture will gradually thicken.
Place the lemon cream in six individual dessert dishes, like a small ramekin.
Place ramekin's in the freezer for at least 2 hours before serving. The lemon cream should but hard to the touch.
To serve, put a dollop of the topping or whipped cream. Let stand at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Lemon Pot de Crème
Lemon Cream Ingredients
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ½ Pint Heavy Whipping Cream, Whipped
- 2 tablespoon Brandy
- Lemon Zest , for garnish
- In a medium bowl, dissolve sugar in cream. Add lemon juice and zest. Mix well but don't beat. Mixture will gradually thicken.
- Place the lemon cream in six individual dessert dishes, like a small ramekin.
- Place ramekin's in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving. The lemon cream should but hard to the touch.
- To serve, put a dollop of the topping or whipped cream. Let stand at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.