Easy Cheesy Mac & Cheese. It doesn't get much easier than this. Dump all the ingredients in your crock pot and voila! Cheesy Goodness!
This Mac & Cheese recipe is perfect for those days where you just don’t have much time on your hands but you CRAVE Mac & Cheese. Sure you can get some out of a box, but for the same amount of prep time, you can have this delicious Mac & Cheese with Bacon.
The traditional way of making macaroni and cheese is in a casserole baked in the oven however a modern variation is it can be prepared in a saucepan on top of the stove or even a slow cooker just like this recipe.
Cooking is a subject you can never know enough about. There is always something new to discover.
If you are looking for a Mac & Cheese recipe that uses the traditional method, check out this delicious Mac & Cheese recipe Kim Kardashian’s Mac & Cheese.
Low and Slow Mac & Cheese
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 lbs Macaroni
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Cubed
- 4 oz Velveeta Cheese Cubed
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Shredded
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1 Pkg Bacon Cooked & Crumbled
- Bread Crumbs
how to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Put the uncooked macaroni into your slow cooker. Top with the Cubed butter and all cheeses.
- Pour the milk mixture on top and stir to combine.
- Press all the macaroni into the milk mixture.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, stirring once after one hour.
- The Mac & Cheese will be done when all the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Once the noodles are ready, turn off slow cooker, add crumbled bacon and mix well.
- Serve in a bowl. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.