The traditional way of making macaroni and cheese is in a casserole baked in the oven however a modern variation is it can be prepared in a sauce pan on top of the stove or even a slow cooker just like this recipe.
If you are looking for a Mac & Cheese recipe that uses the traditional method, check out this delicious Mac & Cheese recipe Kim Kardashian’s Mac & Cheese.
Low and Slow Mac & CheesePrint Pin Rate
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 lbs Macaroni
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Cubed
- 4 oz Velveeta Cheese, Cubed
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar, Shredded
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Pkg Bacon, Cooked & Crumbled
- Bread Crumbs
How to make this Recipe
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Put the uncooked macaroni into your slow cooker. Top with the Cubed butter and all cheeses.
- Pour the milk mixture on top and stir to combine.
- Press all the macaroni into the milk mixture.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, stirring once after one hour.
- The Mac & Cheese will be done when all the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Once the noodles are ready, turn off slow cooker, add crumbled bacon and mix well.
- Serve in a bowl. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.