It’s no secret that I love Mac & Cheese. Not the kind you buy in a box but the gourmet variety of the popular boxed dinner. I will try any gourmet mac & cheese once. Some are better than others and this is one of them. This Mac & Cheese combines the best of both worlds. Mexican flavors with Mac & Cheese.
My father cried when I said I wanted to be a chef.
Make sure you check out my other Gourmet Mac & Cheese recipes Here.
Mexican Taco Mac & Cheese
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 16 oz Cooked Macaroni
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 15 oz Black Beans Rinsed & Drained
- 15 oz Sweet Corn Drained
- 8 oz Salsa
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 12 oz Mexican Blend Cheese Shredded
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef and onions with a little bit of olive oil. Drain the grease from the cooked meat.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and salt to the meat mixture along with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef mixture, cooked macaroni, black beans, sweet corn, salsa, sour cream and 2 cups of shredded cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to a greased 9 x 13 dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered.
- Remove foil and add the remaining cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes uncovered.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.