This Mac & Cheeseburger is the perfect comfort food. Not your typical Gourmet Mac & Cheese as it's less cheesy than most others. Nonetheless this Mac & Cheese will be a hit!
Frequent visitors to my food blog will know that there is nothing I love more than a good Gourmet Mac & Cheese. I usually prefer my Mac & Cheese to be heavy on cheese but sometimes it's nice for the cheese to be in moderation. Just like this Mac & Cheeseburger recipe.
For this recipe, I decided to use Tri-Color Rotini but just like any Mac & Cheese recipe, you can use whatever type of pasta you want.
The important thing to remember is to cook the pasta al dente by following the directions on the package. Overcooked pasta in Mac & Cheese is just not as good in my opinion.
I usually make this Mac & Cheese dish with ground beef but on a few occasions, I used ground turkey. Either one will taste great! Just remember that if you use ground beef, try to get it as lean as possible.
If you enjoy eating different types of macaroni and cheese dishes, you need to try my Italian Style Mac & Cheese recipe. You won't regret it!
🐄 How to Handle Raw Beef
Thaw raw ground beef on a plate on the lowest shelf of the refrigerator, to avoid drip onto other foods.
Keep raw and ready-to-eat meats separate.
Wash hands thoroughly before and after handling raw ground beef. Wash cutting boards, bowls, and utensils used to prepare raw ground beef with hot soapy water and rinse well.
Use separate plates to carry raw ground beef patties to the cooking area and cooked patties to the serving area.
Use a Thermometer to ensure Ground Beef Reaches the Safely Cooked Internal Temperature of 160°F.
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this recipe: Pasta, Lean Ground Beef, Yellow Onion, Worcestershire Sauce, Dry Mustard, Diced Tomatoes, Low-fat Milk, All Purpose Flour, Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, Parsley, Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
🥣 How do I make this Mac and Cheeseburger dish
Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, onion, Worcestershire, and mustard. Cook, stirring often until meat is done. Transfer meat mixture to a bowl. Stir in tomatoes.
Add milk and flour into skillet. Stir constantly until a rue is formed. Add cheeses and stir until all the cheese is melted.
Remove skillet from heat. Stir in pasta and meat mixture. Top with parsley (optional), salt, and pepper.
🍳 Recipe Card
Mac and Cheeseburger
- 15 oz Pasta
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Dry Mustard
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 1 Cup Low-fat Milk
- 1 1/2 Tsp All Purpose Flour
- 3 oz Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 3 Tbsp Cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, Chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
how to make this recipe
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, onion, Worcestershire, and mustard. Cook, stirring often, until meat is done. Transfer meat mixture to a bowl. Stir in tomatoes.
- Add milk and flour into skillet. Stir constantly until a rue is formed. Add cheeses and stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in pasta and meat mixture. Top with parsley (optional), salt, and pepper.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.