I was asked to host a brunch recently and decided to make this Mexican Quiche. Why am I calling it "Mexican"? Well look at the ingredients. Most likely not authentic Mexican cuisine but what the heck. It's a great quiche recipe so there you have it.
Like most of my recipes, this one is also super easy to make. Chances are if you cook often, you probably already have all the ingredients to make this quiche on hand. Except maybe the pie crust. You can use either the pre-formed pie crust that comes in a foil pan or the Pillsbury type that you roll out and put in your own baking dish.
🍳 What is Quiche
Quiche is basically an egg pie. It can be filled with pieces of cheese, meat, seafood or vegetables. Originally from France, it can be served hot or cold and is popular worldwide.
I recommend using a deep-dish pie crust if using a frozen one or if using a pre-made pie crust, make sure you use a deep dish pan to ensure it can handle all of the cheese and meat mixture.
When it comes time to serve the quiche, I would suggest a side of sour cream or crema as well as some salsa. Some of your guests might like it plain, but I think some sour cream and a little salsa adds to the nice flavors of the green chilies and black olives.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Mexican Quiche: Pie Shell, Lean Ground Beef, Yellow Onion, Green Chilies, Monterey Jack Cheese, Half and Half, All Purpose Flour and Eggs.
🥣 How to make Mexican Quiche
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a skillet, cook the ground beef and yellow onion until no longer brown. Drain the fat. Add the green chilies to the beef mixture.
Sprinkle a layer of cheese on the bottom of the pie shell. Top with a layer of the meat mixture. Repeat until layers until there is no more of the meat mixture.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the half and half, eggs and all purpose flour. Pour over the top of the layers.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 Pie Shell, unbaked
- 1 ½ lbs Lean Ground Beef
- ½ Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 oz Green Chilies, diced
- 1 ½ Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- 2 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef and yellow onion until no longer brown. Drain the fat. Add the green chilies to the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on the bottom of the pie shell. Top with a layer of the meat mixture. Repeat until layers until there is no more of the meat mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the half and half, eggs and all purpose flour. Pour over the top of the layers.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.