I love serving finger foods for the big game on Sundays. I seem to always serve the same appetizers though. Chicken Wings, Nachos, Queso Dip, etc. But this year I decided to make these awesome Mini Dill Pickle Egg Rolls.
Now when I say awesome, I mean delicious, fabulous, can't stop eating them kinda awesome. I asked my wife and mom to do a taste test so I knew they were ready and before you knew it, they had already eaten a few each!
While I recommend serving these dill pickle egg rolls with some ranch for dipping, you can eat them as-is or use any kinda dipping sauce you want. No matter what you decide to use, you will absolutely love these dill pickle egg rolls.
Biting into these egg rolls, the first thing you will taste is the dill pickle, then the bacon then the garlic powder. At least that's what I think. Others may think differently. No matter what you taste first, these dill pickle egg rolls are to die for. Trust me.
Alternatively, you can also use full-size wonton wrappers or egg roll wrappers. You will need to adjust the amount of filling you use depending on the size of the wrapper. Cooking time should not change much either. As long as they are golden brown you are good to go.
🌡️ What temperature for the oil
I would let the oil heat to at least 350°F before frying the egg rolls. If you put them in before then they will most likely get oil logged and taste way too greasy. This is where a candy thermometer comes in handy!
🥓 How to Make Bacon
If you struggle to make bacon perfectly, I've put together a short tutorial on How to Make Perfect Bacon - 3 Ways. Check it out!
And don't throw away that bacon grease! Bacon is expensive and the grease is great for making Scrambled Eggs, Grilled Cheese, Popcorn and even hash browns. It can keep up to 3 months if properly stored in the refrigerator.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make these Mini Dill Pickle Egg Rolls: Wonton Skins, Dill Pickles, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper, Vegetable oil and Ranch dressing.
🥣 How do I make these Mini Dill Pickle Egg Rolls
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix until fully incorporated.
Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface and add about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture.
Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple of drops of water. Repeat until mixture or wonton skins or gone.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
🍳 Recipe Card
Mini Dill Pickle Egg Rolls
- 1 pkg Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Cup Dill Pickles, diced
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Ranch Dressing, for dipping
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix until fully incorporated.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface and add one tablespoon of the cheese mixture.
- Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple of drops of water. Repeat until mixture or wonton skins or gone.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.