I wanted to do something a little different for Christmas this year so I made this Mint Cocoa Mix to give as gifts. Super easy to make and makes a great gift that everyone will enjoy.
Previously I made my Slow Cooker Peppermint White Hot Chocolate for the holidays but this year I wanted a more traditional type of Hot Chocolate. This time I decided to use crushed peppermint candies in the mix instead of peppermint extract.
During the Holidays you can usually find pre-crushed peppermint candies at your local grocery store. If you can't find any, simply put the peppermint candies or candy canes in a ziplock baggie and use a rolling pin to crush them.
For more great recipes with Powdered Sugar, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Mint Cocoa Mix recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Instant Chocolate Drink Mix, Nonfat Dry Milk Powder, Powdered Sugar, Powdered Non-Dairy Creamer, Peppermint Candies and Miniature Marshmallows.
🥣 How to make Mint Cocoa Mix
In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
Divide the cocoa mixture into gift bags or in airtight containers. I like to use mason jars if gifting them. Optionally add miniature marshmallows.
To prepare the hot cocoa, place ⅓ cup of the cocoa mix in a mug. Stir in hot milk until well blended. Add as many marshmallows as want.
Mint Cocoa Mix
- 7 ½ Cups Instant Chocolate Drink Mix
- 25 oz Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Powdered Non-Dairy Creamer
- ½ Cup Peppermint Candies, crushed
- Mini Marshmallows, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Divide the cocoa mixture into gift bags or in airtight containers. I like to use mason jars if gifting them. Optionally add miniature marshmallows.
- To prepare the hot cocoa, place ⅓ cup of the cocoa mix in a mug. Stir in hot milk until well blended. Add as many marshmallows as want.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.
I was never a fan of hot chocolate. But I think with the peppermint it really does make a big difference. This is so easy to make and oh so delicious. I made these as gifts for Christmas and as suggested I used mason jars and I included a bow on the lid. They were a great hit with everyone. Thanks to the Chef for posting this recipe and making my gifts a little easier.