My love for cupcakes will never end. I mean how can anyone resist cupcakes. Especially Hot Cocoa Cupcakes. As you can see from the pictures, I decided to use a mini cupcake pan. Since it was close to Valentine’s Day when I made this batch, I decided to decorate them for V-Day with a pink colored buttercream frosting and a mocha buttercream frosting
You just need a little perspective. Warmed chocolate can give you that.
What is a little unique about this cupcake recipe is that the batter is very liquidy (is that even a word?). What I am trying to say is that instead of the usual cupcake batter with the consistency of a cake batter or a pancake batter, this cupcake recipe batter is just like a cup of hot chocolate, hence the Hot Cocoa Cupcake.
If it’s not Valentine’s day and you are not in the mood for a pink buttercream frosting or a mocha buttercream frosting, I’m including a super simple Marshmallow Frosting recipe below in the recipe card. However you decide to frost these cupcakes, you won’t be disappointed.
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar unpacked
- 1 3/4 Cup Ultragrain Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Egg(s)
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 8 oz Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fill cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Carefully add the boiling water and beat slowly.
- Fill cupcake lines.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat together Cool Whip and marshmallow fluff.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Fit a decorator bag with a giant round tip and fill with marshmallow frosting.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcake and decorate.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.