These Molasses Sugar Cookies are about as easy to make as it gets. If you love the taste of molasses and cloves this recipe is for you!
These Molasses Sugar Cookies are absolutely delicious. They combine the delicious flavor of molasses with a kick of cloves. What more can you ask for?
I've posted the recipes for my Soft Molasses Cookies as well as my Fat Archie's Cookies previously but was dying to make this recipe. I figured it was an "older" recipe as it calls for vegetable shortening as opposed to butter.
I do plan on experimenting one of these days and substitute the shortening for butter as I think most of you probably always have butter readily available.
It's important to leave enough room between the cookie balls on the baking sheet as they will collapse and spread out during the baking process. Baking time in my oven was a solid 10 minutes but I would suggest checking them at the 9-minute mark.
The cookies will be very soft when you take them out of the oven giving you the impression that they are underbaked. Don't worry, they will stiffen up as they cool down.
The bottom line is if you love the taste of molasses and cloves, you will absolutely love these Molasses Sugar Cookies. Trust me!
🍪 More Cookie Recipes
- Vanilla Pudding CookiesThese delicious Vanilla Pudding Cookies are Soft & Moist. Super easy to make and in your mouth in less than 30 minutes!
- The Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal CookiesThe Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies you will ever have! These remind me of the cookies I would eat as a kid.
- Sugar-Free Low Carb Peanut Butter CookiesThese Sugar-Free Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies are perfect for those of you with Type 2 Diabetes. All things considered they are delish!
- Spicy Caramel CookiesThese Spicy Caramel Cookies are a sweet and crunchy cookie. One of the easiest cookie recipes to make. Super flavorful!
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make these Molasses Sugar Cookies: Vegetable Shortening, Light Brown Sugar, Molasses, Eggs, All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Cloves, Ground Ginger and Salt.
🥣 How to Make Molasses Sugar Cookies
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a mixing bowl, combine melted shortening, sugar, molasses and egg. Beat well.
Sift and add dry ingredients. Mix well. Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Form dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet leaving a couple of inches between each.
Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Move to wire rack.
🍳 Recipe Card
Molasses Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Shortening, Melted
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 Egg(s)
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Salt
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted shortening, sugar, molasses and egg. Beat well.
- Sift and add dry ingredients. Mix well. Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet leaving a couple of inches between each.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Move to wire rack.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.