Not too long ago I was struggling to come up with something for dinner. My wife suggested nachos with ground turkey or maybe some turkey tacos. While both of those are delicious, I wanted something just a little different. This Nacho Turkey Casserole is what I came up with.
A combination of all the great ingredients you typically find on nachos. What I really like about this casserole is that I already had all the ingredients in my pantry and did not have to go to the grocery store.
Trust me, this Nacho Turkey Casserole tastes better than it looks in these pictures. Do you know how difficult it is to get a glamor shot of a dish like this??
If you like some zing with your nachos, add some finely diced jalapeños to the turkey mixture before baking. I recommend wearing disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. Avoid touching your face.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this casserole recipe: Tortilla Chips, Ground Turkey, Salsa, Sweet Corn, Black Beans, Sour Cream, All Purpose Flour and Monterey Jack Cheese.
🥣 How to Make Nacho Turkey Casserole
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place 3 cups of the crushed tortilla chips into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, salsa, corn, black beans, sour cream, and flour. Once well combined, spoon turkey mixture over layer of tortilla chips.
Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining tortilla chips and cheese over the top and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nacho Turkey Casserole
- 5 Cups Tortilla Chips, Crushed
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Turkey, Cooked
- 1 Jar Salsa
- 1 Can Sweet Corn
- 15 oz Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 3 cups of the crushed tortilla chips into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, salsa, corn, black beans, sour cream and flour. Once well combined, spoon turkey mixture over layer of tortilla chips.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining tortilla chips and cheese over the top and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.