This Nacho Soup recipe is so easy to make in your Slow Cooker it's not even funny. Pretty much a dump and go recipe which is perfect for those who don't have much time on their hands.
The beauty of this soup recipe is its simplicity. Many of the ingredients can be tweaked to your liking. You can use Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef. Use a Red Bell Pepper instead of the Green Bell Pepper, or use any other kind of pepper you prefer. You can even leave the Jalapeño out if you want and control the heat by using more or less of the crushed red pepper flakes.
🐄 How to Handle Raw Beef
Thaw raw ground beef on a plate on the lowest shelf of the refrigerator, to avoid drip onto other foods.
Keep raw and ready-to-eat meats separate.
Wash hands thoroughly before and after handling raw ground beef. Wash cutting boards, bowls, and utensils used to prepare raw ground beef with hot soapy water and rinse well.
Use separate plates to carry raw ground beef patties to the cooking area and cooked patties to the serving area.
Use a Thermometer to ensure Ground Beef Reaches the Safely Cooked Internal Temperature of 160°F.
Try to resist as much as possible the temptation to open the lid while it's cooking as the slow cooker loses heat. By just opening the lid to stir the contents can make the internal temperature drop by 10°F to 15°F.
🌶 How to Handle Hot Peppers
The capsaicin in hot peppers is what makes peppers hot. If you handle hot peppers gloveless, it’s a guarantee that you’re in for a nasty case of chili burn, both on your fingers and anywhere you rub. Like your face. Ouch!
Even if you wear disposable gloves, be careful about what you touch. The gloves are going to protect your fingers, but touching any part of your body with the gloves after you’ve handled hot peppers can lead to severe chili burn. Resist the temptation to rub your eyes. Wait until you’ve removed your gloves and washed your hands thoroughly with soap.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Nacho Soup in your Slow Cooker: Ground Beef, Yellow Onion, Green Bell Pepper, Garlic Cloves, Jalapeño, Corn, Black Beans, Petite Diced Tomatoes, Chili Powder, Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Low Sodium Chicken Broth, Cheddar Cheese, Heavy Cream, All Purpose Flour and Green Onions.
🥣 How to make Nacho Soup in Slow Cooker
In a skillet, cook ground beef until browned. Drain excess fat.
Add the cooked beef, vegetables, beans, spices and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Stir gently to combine.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
When the time is up, stir in the shredded cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour and heavy cream until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Cover and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
Optionally garnish with chopped green onions and tortilla chips.
Slow Cooker Nacho Soup
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef, cooked and drained of fat
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 15 oz Corn, drained
- 15 oz Black Beans, drained and rinsed well
- 15 oz Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 32 oz Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cups Heavy Cream
- 4 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- Green onions, chopped for topping
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the cooked beef, vegetables, beans, spices and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Stir gently to combine.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- When the time is up, stir in the shredded cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour and heavy cream until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Optionally garnish with chopped green onions and tortilla chips.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.