Sure you can opt for the boxed stuff which comes in handy when you are in a rush but if you have the time, do yourself a favor and give this cornbread recipe a try. You will not regret it.
Southern CornbreadPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 Cups Cornmeal
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk cornmeal and milk. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.