As a chef I’m not your dietitian or your ethicist, I’m in the pleasure business.
I’ve seen salmon patties made a few different ways. My mother-in-law used sour cream in hers. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to try hers yet so can’t compare them to these salmon patties. I decided to use mashed potatoes in mine to give the patties a nice consistency along with a few veggies for flavor.
My wife pointed out that instead of making “real” mashed potatoes that next time I should try instant mashed potatoes. I’m sure it would work and taste fine and might take her advice one of the days. Just thought I would share that tip in the event you don’t have any potatoes handy.
Salmon and potato pattiesPrint Pin Rate
- 7 oz Canned Salmon
- 2 Egg(s)
- 1 Cup Potatoes, Mashed
- 2 Tbsp Green Pepper, Minced
- 1 Green Onion, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Celery, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
How to make this Recipe
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together. Shape the mixture into 8 patties.
- Dip patties in dry breadcrumbs, ensuring that both sides are coated.
- In a lightly greased nonstick skillet, cook the patties until golden brown on both sides and firm to the touch. About 5 to 6 minutes.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.