This Spicy Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe is a fun spin on the classic grilled cheese sandwich. Especially if you like yours with a little kick.
This time around I am using slices of bread from my Homemade Bread Dough Recipe. Sure it's a lot more work but I needed to make some bread for another recipe I was working on so I figured why not?
🥓 How to Make Bacon
If you struggle to make bacon perfectly, I've put together a short tutorial on How to Make Perfect Bacon - 3 Ways. Check it out! My preferred method is baking it in the oven.
And don't throw away that bacon grease! Bacon is expensive and the grease is great for making Scrambled Eggs, Grilled Cheese, Popcorn and even hash browns. It can keep up to 3 months if properly stored in the refrigerator.
I cannot recommend any specific substitutes for the pepper jack cheese as this is the main ingredient for this recipe. It's also a very common type of cheese found in most grocery stores. If you must substitute I would recommend some Horseradish Cheddar Cheese or some Habanero Cheddar Cheese.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Spicy Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Slices of Bread, Pepper Jack Cheese, Bacon and Unsalted Butter.
🥣 How to make Spicy Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Cook the 4 strips of bacon as directed on package and allow to rest on a paper towel to drain for 15 minutes.
Empty bacon grease from pan, but no need to clean it entirely.
Place the bacon and cheese in the slices of bread and use the butter to liberally coat the outside of the bread.
Heat the pan to medium and place sandwich on heat and cook for 3 minutes until the bottom side is golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Remove from heat and serve.
Spicy Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 2 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Cook the 4 strips of bacon as directed on package and allow to rest on paper towel to drain for 15 minutes.
- Empty bacon grease from pan, but no need to clean it entirely.
- Place the bacon and cheese in the slices of bread and use the butter to liberally coat the outside of the bread.
- Heat pan to medium and place sandwich on heat and cook for 3 minutes until bottom side is golden brown. Flip and cook other side until golden brown and cheese has melted. Remove from heat once cheese is melted.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.