I love this white cake recipe. It’s a perfect base for whatever type of cake dessert you are trying to make. For this recipe, I decided to make this cake layered with my Mixed Berry Filling. I also went ahead and used my Boiled Cake Icing as a frosting. This combination is out of this world!
It’s okay to play with your food.
The Perfect White CakePrint Pin Rate
How to make this Recipe
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare two 8 inch cake pans.
- Pour milk, egg whites, and extracts into medium bowl and mix with fork until blended.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, mix cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt at slow speed. Add butter, cut into cubes and continue beating on low for about 12 minutes.
- Add all but 1/2 cup of milk mixture to flour mixture and beat at medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup of milk mixture and beat for about 1 minute.
- Pour batter evenly between two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 27 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool to room temperature.
- Frost cakes with favorite frosting.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.