A versatile cake filling you can use over and over.
Not too long ago, I had to make a cake for a birthday party and wanted to do something a little different. Fortunately, I was watching the Great British Baking Show at the time and saw an episode where Mary Berry made a cake with a mixed berry filling.
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
Needless to say, I tried to memorize what she did but unfortunately, I did not get her exact recipe. That being said, I did get enough details from her that I was able to come up with this delicious berry filling for a layered cake.
How do I make this cake filling?
1- Thaw out berries according to directions on the package.
2- Add berries and water to food processor and puree.
3- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
4- Stir in berries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens and boils, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
5- Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Refrigerate and cool completely before using.
Mixed Berry Cake Filling
- 2 Cups Frozen Mixed Berries
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
how to make this recipe
- Thaw out berries according to directions on package.
- Add berries and water to food processor and puree.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in sauce pan.
- Stir in berries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens and boils, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Refrigerate and cool completely before using.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.