If you are looking for something a little different then you must try this Turkey Chili Burrito recipe. This meat mixture is packed full of flavor. One of the best turkey burritos you will ever have.
This burrito recipe is not a traditional Mexican burrito. This burrito calls not only for marinara sauce but also roasted red peppers and some Spanish olives. This is the first time I've made a filling for a burrito using olives.
You are probably saying to yourself what are olives doing in a turkey chili. Well let me tell you that the olives are the rock star of this recipe. They bring just the right amount of saltiness to the chili and play nicely with all the other ingredients.
Actually, this turkey chili reminds me a bit of my Cuban Picadillo recipe. There's just something about using olives in a meat dish that really gets my taste buds going. If you've never tried, do yourself a favor and give this burrito recipe a try. You won't regret it.
🌡️ How Hot are the Peppers
The Scoville Scale is the measurement that tells you the spiciness of a given type of pepper.
|Pepper Type||Scoville Rating (Heat)|
|Tabasco & Cayenne||30,000-50,000|
For more great recipes with Ground Turkey, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Turkey Chili Burritos recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Lean Ground Turkey, Garlic Cloves, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips, Red Onion, Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Ground Black Pepper, Marinara Sauce, Jalapeños, Fresh Cilantro, Spanish Manzanilla Olives, Flour Tortillas, Hot Sauce, Monterey Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Sour Cream and Salt.
🥣 How to make Turkey Chili Burritos
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, combine the ground turkey, garlic, olive oil, roasted red bell pepper and the red onion. Cook until turkey meat is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Add the chili powder, ground cumin and ground black pepper. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the marinara sauce, diced jalapeños, cilantro and olives. Stir often, until flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.
Spoon the turkey mixture down the center of a warmed flour tortilla. Optionally garnish with hot sauce, cheese, lettuce and sour cream. Fold the bottom, then sides of tortilla over filling to enclose.
Turkey Chili Burritos
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips, chopped
- 1 Cup Red Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- ½ Cup Fresh Jalapeño, diced
- ½ Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ Cup Spanish Manzanilla Olives, chopped
- 6 Flour Tortillas, warmed
- Hot Sauce, to taste
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 4 Cups Lettuce, shredded
- Sour Cream
- Salt, to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, combine the ground turkey, garlic, olive oil, roasted red bell pepper and the red onion. Cook until turkey meat is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, ground cumin and ground black pepper. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the marinara sauce, diced jalapeños, cilantro and olives. Stir often, until flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the turkey mixture down the center of a warmed flour tortilla. Optionally garnish with hot sauce, cheese, lettuce and sour cream. Fold the bottom, then sides of tortilla over filling to enclose.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.
These Turkey burritos are to die for. The Spanish olives really gives this recipe flavour. Very easy to make.