If you own an Air Fryer then you already know how amazing it is. But did you know you can make your very own Homemade Tortilla Chips in it?
This isn't so much a recipe in the traditional way. It is more about the method used to transform corn tortillas into chips! Delicious homemade chips to go with some homemade Salsa!
The amazing part of this simple recipe is that you only need 3 ingredients. Corn Tortillas, some cooking spray and salt! Pretty simple isn't it?
While you can use whatever kind of cooking spray you have on hand, I am partial to using either Olive Oil or Avocado based cooking spray. Just a personal preference and nothing else.
The cook time and method may differ based on the type/size of Air Fryer you have. You might need to experiment a bit to fine tune this recipe for your Air Fryer.
💭 Recipe Tip
If you don't have an Air Fryer, you can make these homemade tortilla chips in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the tortilla wedges out on a baking sheet in a single layer and spray with cooking spray.
Bake for about 6 minutes, then flip the wedges over. Sprinkle with a little salt, and bake for another 6 to 9 minutes, until they begin to brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more salt.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Tortilla Chips recipe in your Air Fryer (see recipe card for quantities): Corn Tortillas, Cooking Spray and Coarse Salt.
🥣 How to Make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
Cut the tortillas into quarters or strips. Whatever shape and size you want for your tortilla chips.
Lightly spray the tortilla pieces with cooking spray and sprinkle with some coarse salt.
Place the pieces of cut tortilla in the basket for your air fryer. Make sure not to overlap the tortillas.
Cook at 350°F for 3 minutes, flip the tortilla chips and spray with cooking spray. Optionally add more salt.
Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and crisp.
Remove the tortilla chips from the air fryer basket and let them cool slightly before serving.
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 8 Corn Tortillas, quartered
- Cooking Spray
- Coarse Salt
- If necessary, preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
- Cut the tortillas into quarters or strips. Whatever shape and size you want for your tortilla chips.
- Lightly spray the pieces of tortilla with cooking spray and the sprinkle with some coarse salt.
- Place the pieces of cut tortillas in the basket of your air fryer. Make sure not to overlap the tortillas as much as possible.
- Cook for 4 minutes, flip the tortilla chips, spray with cooking spray. Optionally add more salt.
- Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Remove the tortilla chips from the air fryer basket and let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.