Bacon in Chocolate Chips Cookies? Yep. And you know what? They are awesome!!
You may be wondering what these cookies taste like. Well they are just like a classic chocolate chip cookie with bacon bits added. I think the sweetness of the chocolate chips and the saltiness of the bacon complement each other very well.
My wife suggested I cut back on the bacon grease a bit (like ½ tablespoon) as she could really taste it (is that a bad thing?). For me, the dominant flavor was the vanilla pudding. Time for another taste tester!
This recipe will make 24 cookie so unless you are using 2 baking sheets, you will have a 10 minute gap between the first and second batch while you let the cookies cool down. Plan accordingly!
🥓 How to Make Bacon
If you struggle to make bacon perfectly, I've put together a short tutorial on How to Make Perfect Bacon - 3 Ways. Check it out! My preferred method is baking it in the oven.
And don't throw away that bacon grease! Bacon is expensive and the grease is great for making Scrambled Eggs, Grilled Cheese, Popcorn and even hash browns. It can keep up to 3 months if properly stored in the refrigerator.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make these Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies: All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Unsalted Butter, Bacon Grease, Light Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Vanilla Pudding Mix, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and Bacon.
🥣 How to make Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, combine all purpose flour and baking soda and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, bacon grease and both sugars. Add pudding package and beat until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
Slowly add dry mixture to the wet mixture until well incorporated.
Fold in the chocolate chips and cooked bacon.
Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then move to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoon Bacon Grease
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- 3.4 oz Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 5 slices Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all purpose flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, bacon grease and both sugars. Add pudding package and beat until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add dry mixture slowly to the wet mixture until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cooked bacon.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then move to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.