I made these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies for a friend of mine that has celiac disease. She loved them so if you or your guests are gluten intolerant this is a great cookie recipe for you.
When baking Gluten Free items it is important to use quality flour. I've tried a few and so far the best I've encountered is from Bob's Red Mill.
There are probably others so if you have any suggestions drop me a note in the comments section below.
You can optionally add some chopped nuts to the cookie batter but since my friend is also allergic to nuts I left them out. If you do decide to add nuts you will need to fold them in at the same time you add the chocolate chips.
🥜 Nut Allergy Warning
If you've eaten Gluten Free baked goods before you know how they can sometimes taste a little grainy. Personally I am not a fan of that so one of the reasons I like this cookie recipe is they are not grainy at all!
The only other difference besides the use of Gluten Free Flour and other cookie recipes is this one also calls for Coconut Oil. If you've never used coconut oil, don't worry, it does not alter the taste of the cookies.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Coconut Oil, Unsalted Butter, White Sugar, Brown Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, Gluten Free Baking Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Chocolate Chips and optionally some chopped nuts.
🥣 How to make Gluten Free Chocolate chip Cookies
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a mixing bowl, cream the coconut oil, butter, both sugars until fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix till combined.
In a medium bowl, mix the gluten free baking flour, baking soda and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and optionally the chopped nuts.
Place rounded tablespoons of cookie dough on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies have browned. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bowl for Mixing
- Hand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Wire Rack
- ⅔ Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- ⅔ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 ½ Cups Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the coconut oil, butter, both sugars until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix till combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix the gluten free baking flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and optionally the chopped nuts.
- Place rounded tablespoons of cookie dough on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies have browned. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.