The kind folks from the Houstonian Hotel had this to say about these cookies: “They’re great because they have a distinct taste, with the oats and specialty chocolate chips,” she noted. “But they’re not a soft, fluffy, cookie.”
Up until now, I thought I had one of the best The Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookie recipe, but according to my lovely wife, these come a close second, if not better than mine. That’s ok with me. It’s nice to have different options. At the end of the day, we all benefit from having great cookies to eat! While you are at it, make sure you try my $250 Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.
Barbara Bush's Famous Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Egg(s)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats, not instant
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
How to make this Recipe
- Heat oven to 350°F. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt onto waxed paper. Set aside.
- Beat together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until fluffy. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.