Granola is so easy to make that I don't know why I don't make it more often. I've already shared my Pumpkin Flaxseed Granola, Cranberry Granola and Pumpkin Chocolate Granola recipes, so now it's time for me to share this wonderful Banana Crunch Granola recipe.
Unlike my other granola recipes, this one requires you to add the ingredients in stages. No big deal but you do need to monitor things so you don't burn the granola.
I also decided to crunch the banana chips up a bit so some of the pieces would be the size of some of the chopped walnuts. The recipe calls for, and I used shredded coconut but you can also use coconut flakes if you have it on it.
The beauty about these granola recipes is you can add, subtract or modify as you see fit. You really can't go wrong. I'm actually thinking of adding some dried cranberries or craisins next time for a little bit of sourness.
🥜 Nut Allergy Warning
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Banana Crunch Granola recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Rolled Oats, Walnuts, Unsalted Butter, Light Brown Sugar, Honey, Vanilla Extract, Banana Chips and Coconut.
🥣 How to make Banana Crunch Granola
In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats and chopped walnuts.
In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla extract. Pour the butter mixture over the oats mixture and mix well.
Place the granola mixture on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread the granola evenly over the cookie sheet.
Bake at 250F for 45 minutes.
Add the coconut at the 35-minute mark. Stir the granola.
Remove from the oven and stir in the banana chips.
Let cool. Store at room temperature.
Banana Crunch Granola
- Baking Sheet
- Bowl for Mixing
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Walnuts, chopped
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Banana Chips
- 1 Cup Coconut, shredded
- In a large mixing bowl., combine the rolled oats and chopped walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla extract. Pour butter mixture over the oats mixture and mix well.
- Place granola mixture on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread the granola evenly over the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250F for 45 minutes.
- Add the coconut at the 35 minute mark. Stir the granola.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the banana chips.
- Let cool. Store at room temperature.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.