Granola is so easy to make that I don’t know why I don’t make it more often. I’ve already shared my Cranberry Granola and Pumpkin Chocolate Granola recipes, so now it’s time for me to share this wonderful Banana Crunch Granola. Unlike my other granola recipes, this one requires you to add the ingredient in stages. No big deal but you do need to monitor things so you don’t burn the granola.
I look at Guy Fieri and I just think, ‘Jesus, I’m glad that’s not me.
I also decided to crunch the banana chips up a bit so some of the pieces would be the size of some of the chopped walnuts. The recipe calls for, and I used shredded coconut but you can also use coconut flakes if you have it on it. The beauty about these granola recipes is you can add, subtract or modify as you see fit. You really can’t go wrong. I’m actually thinking of adding some dried cranberries or craisins next time for a little bit of sour.
Banana Crunch GranolaPrint Pin Rate
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Walnuts, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Banana Chips
- 1 Cup Coconut, Shredded
How to make this Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl., combine the rolled oats and chopped walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla extract. Pour butter mixture over the oats mixture and mix well.
- Place granola mixture on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread the granola evenly over the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250F for 45 minutes.
- Add the coconut at the 35 minute mark. Stir the granola.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the banana chips.
- Let cool. Store at room temperature.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.