My wife has always made granola and for the longest time, I only made her Cranberry Granola recipe. Since Fall is upon us, it was time for me to stretch a bit and make this Pumpkin Chocolate Granola.
Growing up I used to eat granola bars for breakfast almost every day. My favorite was Oats 'n Honey granola bars from Nature Valley. As I got older, I expanded my tastes and added any bar that had chocolate in it.
One of the beauties of this recipe is that both the chocolate and dried cranberries are optional. This granola is awesome even without those two ingredients. This recipe is a must for all granola AND pumpkin lovers!
🥜 Nut Allergies
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
For more great recipes with Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Pumpkin Chocolate Granola recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Old Fashioned Oats, Chopped Almonds, Raw Pumpkin Seeds, Pumpkin Puree, Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil, Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Salt, Ground Ginger, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cloves, Dried Cranberries and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
🥣 How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Granola
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine oats, chopped almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and cloves. Mix until well blended. Pour mixture over the oats and combine until all ingredients are well coated.
Spread granola evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until granola is golden brown. Make sure to stir every 20 minutes. Once the granola has cooled, stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
Pumpkin Chocolate Granola
- Baking Sheet
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¾ Cup Almonds, chopped
- ¾ Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ⅓ Cup Maple Syrup
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, chopped almonds and pumpkin seeds.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, ground ginger, ground nutmeg and cloves. Mix until well blended. Pour mixture over the oats and combine until all ingredients are well coated.
- Spread granola evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until granola is golden brown. Make sure to stir every 20 minutes. Once granola has cooled, stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.
I love granola. I always purchased it from the grocery store. I decided to make this recipe and I just love it. No more store bought for me. This granola is the best I have ever had.