My wife loves granola with her yogurt. For years she's used store-bought granola. One day I suggested that she make her own granola and she agreed thinking it might be a little cheaper in the long run. So here's Brandi's Cranberry Granola recipe.
She originally made this recipe with mango honey from Whole Foods and used coconut oil instead of olive oil. Since Mango honey is not easy to find and expensive when you do, we regularly make this recipe with regular honey.
Once she figured out how not to burn the granola (which is very easy to do), she made a few variations of this recipe substituting some of the seeds for a slightly different flavor.
The recipe card below calls for Olive Oil but we almost always have Coconut Oil on hand so we often use that instead of Olive Oil. Your choice. Another variation you could try is to replace cranberries with raisins. We've done that a couple of times and it was equally delicious.
If you've ever been interested in growing and harvesting your own sunflower seeds we published an article and video on How to Harvest Sunflower Seeds.
Nut Allergy Warning
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
This granola is quick and easy to make and much cheaper than buying it in the store. And for your Granola lovers out there, you have to try my Pumpkin Flaxseed Granola, Pumpkin Chocolate Granola or Banana Crunch Granola recipe.
Or you can try my Sweet and Spicy Mixed Nuts. Delicious!
Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Cranberry Granola recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Salted Almonds, Old Fashioned Oats, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Cranberries, Olive Oil, Vanilla Extract and Honey.
How to Make Cranberry Granola
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together with a spoon or with your hands making sure all the ingredients stick together. If they are not sticking together add a little more honey.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and cook until brown about 10 minutes.
Printable Recipe Card
Brandi's Cranberry Granola
- Bowl for Mixing
- Baking Sheet
- ½ Cup Salted Almonds, chopped
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together with spoon or with hands making sure all the ingredients stick together. If they are not sticking together add a little more honey.
- Spread on cookie sheet and cook until brown about 10 minutes.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.