This Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese recipe is just like having buffalo wings with cheesy mac & cheese. This one packs a punch! Delicious!
I could eat a good Mac and Cheese every day if I could. Not sure my arteries would like that very much though. Since I love spicy food, making this Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese was a no brainer.
My wife loves Frank’s RedHot Sauce so this was a win-win recipe for us. The first time I made this recipe I used the canned chicken as the recipe calls for, but next time I am going to use some rotisserie chicken instead.
This mac and cheese recipe is pretty simple compared to some of my other Gourmet Mac & Cheese recipes. While simple to make, it does pack a punch! The half a cup of Hot Sauce the recipe calls for will make this dish pretty hot. You can cut the amount in half if you are worried it might be too hot.
If you don’t happen to have any Frank’s RedHot on hand you can substitute for just about any other brand of Hot Sauce but you may have to adjust the amount as this recipe was designed around Frank’s RedHot Sauce.
What Ingredients do I need to make this Recipe?
You will need the following ingredients to make this Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese: Macaroni, Chunk White Chicken Breast, Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup, Milk, Velveeta Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Frank’s Hot Wing Sauce, Bread Crumbs, Unsalted Butter.
How do I Make this Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese?
Preheat oven to 350F.
Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and place into a greased baking dish. Stir in chicken.
In a medium saucepan, heat soup, milk and cheeses, stirring until the cheese is melted. Stir in Hot Sauce. Pour sauce over pasta and chicken. Mix well.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and melted butter. Pour over pasta mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
- 4 Cups Macaroni, uncooked
- 12.5 oz Chunk White Chicken Breast in Water, Drained
- 10 3/4 oz Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 Cup Milk
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and place into a greased baking dish. Stir in chicken.
- In a medium saucepan, heat soup, milk and cheeses, stirring until the cheese is melted. Stir in Hot Sauce. Pour sauce over pasta and chicken. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and melted butter. Pour over pasta mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.