Mac & Cheese with a Kick! The is probably one of the best Gourmet Mac & Cheese you will ever have. Mac & Cheese and Whiskey. Yum!
My Hot Rod’s Whiskey Mac & Cheese recipe is in my top 3 go-to comfort foods. Regular visitors know that I love a good gourmet Mac & Cheese as well as Whiskey. So why not come up with a recipe with the best of both worlds?
Now in case you have concerns over alcohol in your meals, rest assured that most of it should burn off during the cooking process. I cannot guarantee that it will completely burn off as way too many factors come into play so if the whiskey is a concern, you can easily substitute with apple juice and a touch of vanilla extract.
It is so nice to talk to someone that has a passion for food and family.
Assuming you decide to try this recipe with the whiskey, you can basically use any bourbon whiskey but I prefer the unique flavor of Jack Daniel’s. Not only will it give this dish great flavor, but it will also give the cheese sauce a nice brownish color.
Whiskey Mac and Cheese
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 lbs Bacon Cooked & Diced
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Whiskey
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Can Seasoned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Chili Paste
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 2 oz Provolone Cheese Shredded
- 2 oz Asiago Cheese Shredded
- 1 Pkg Pasta
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
how to make this recipe
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet cook bacon and keep 2 Tbsp of bacon grease and toss the rest.
- Pour 2 Tablespoons of bacon grease back into skillet and over medium heat add butter. Once butter is melted add flour and whisk to combine.
- Add spices, chili paste, Worcestershire, mustard, whiskey and chicken broth and whisk to combine. Bring to a bubble, whisking occasionally to pick up bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add heavy cream and whisk to combine. Bring back to a bubble and add cheese. Stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Add pasta to cheese sauce and stir to combine. Add cooked bacon and diced tomatoes. Cook pasta in sauce for about 5 minutes over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- While pasta is cooking in sauce, mix all topping ingredients in a bowl. Once pasta is done, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle topping mixture over pasta.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.