This Caramel Banana Bread recipe is probably one of my favorite banana bread recipes. You probably think that all banana bread recipes are the same. You are so wrong! This sweet & sticky banana bread is to die for. It's so sweet that you can even eat it as a dessert!
When I am asked to make some baked goods for some sort of event, this Caramel Banana Bread is always at the top of the list.
I'm not quite sure what it is about this recipe that drives everyone nuts and keeps asking for more. Is it the consistency or the sweetness?
I've never really figured it out. All I can say is if you make this Caramel Banana Bread recipe, you will be asked to make it over and over again. And if not, then check out all these other Banana Bread Recipes.
🍌 How to pick the right Bananas
The best bananas for banana bread are when they are overripe, not yellow but black. Or they're at least streaked with black/brown. The darker the better. If you can't find overripe bananas, you can speed up the process by putting the bananas in a paper bag along with an apple and loosely fold down the top. The bananas should ripen in just a day or two using this method.
💭 Recipe Variation
You can basically use whatever flavor of ice cream topping you want for this recipe. I love caramel but you can use butterscotch, chocolate or another other flavored topping you want!
For more great recipes with Ripe Bananas, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Caramel Banana Bread recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Unsalted Butter, White Sugar, Light Brown Sugar, Eggs, Bananas, Milk, Ground Cinnamon, All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt and Caramel Ice Cream Topping.
🥣 How to Make Caramel Banana Bread
Preheat Oven to 325°F. Grease the loaf pan and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until creamy.
Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each one.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas. Add the milk and ground cinnamon and mix well.
In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed butter mixture and stir until combined.
Fold in dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix gently until the flour disappears.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Pour caramel sauce over the top of the batter and swirl with a knife.
Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the loaf pan cool for 15 minutes before removing the bread. Let bread cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. You can drizzle more caramel if desired.
Caramel Banana Bread
- Loaf Pan
- Bowl for Mixing
- Hand Mixer
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ Cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Preheat Oven to 325°F. Grease loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each one.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas. Add milk and ground cinnamon and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix gently until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Pour caramel sauce over the top of the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaf pan cool for 15 minutes before removing bread. Let bread cool completely on wire rack before cutting. You can drizzle more caramel if desired.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.