These Spicy Caramel Cookies are a sweet and crunchy cookie. One of the simplest cookie recipes to make.
These Spicy Caramel Cookies are one of the easiest cookies to make. I love the taste of cinnamon so I added a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter. These cookies are naturally crunchy and I found it difficult to just have one. Next time I make these I might add some butterscotch chips for a little more flavor!
I want to focus on my salad.
If you are wondering what the consistency of these cookies are, I would compare them to gingersnaps. These are the kind of cookies that won’t last long. After you are done making this cookie recipe, you need to make my Gingersnap Cookie recipe.
Rod’s Spicy Caramel Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Egg(s)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat thoroughly.
- Scrape dough out of the mixing bowl onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Roll the dough into a log about 2 1/2 inches wide. Completely wrap the cookie dough in the plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 20 minutes.
- Cut dough into 1/8 inch thick slices and place on an un-greased cookie sheet about 1 to 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned around the edges, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.