You don't often see recipes for Chicken Quesadillas with Apricot Jam. I don't use Brie Cheese in quesadillas very often as I prefer Gouda or Fontina Cheese, so this Chicken Quesadilla Recipe is a first for me on many levels.
Besides the Brie Cheese and the Apricot Jam used in this recipe, this is the first time I use spinach in a quesadilla.
I know the combination sounds weird but you will be amazed at how good this savory quesadilla is. All the ingredients work really well together.
🧀 What is a Quesadilla
A quesadilla is a Mexican dish consisting of a tortilla filled primarily with cheese, and sometimes meats, beans, and spices, then cooked on a griddle.
Traditionally, a corn tortilla is used, but it can also be made with a flour tortilla, particularly in northern Mexico and the United States. You can read more about it here Quesadilla - Wikipedia.
💭 Ingredient Substitution
The flavor of the Brie Cheese goes really well with the apricot jam. I would recommend not substituting it but if you must, just make sure you use a cheese that melts well like Fontina or Gouda.
You can, however, substitute the Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas for regular Flour Tortillas without affecting the overall flavor of these Quesadillas.
If you don't have any Apricot Jam, you can always make your own using my Fresh Homemade Apricot Jam Recipe. Only 4 ingredients are needed!
For more great recipes with Apricot Jam, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chicken Quesadillas with Apricot Jam recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Whole Wheat Tortillas, Chicken Breasts, Spinach, Brie Cheese and Apricot Jam.
🥣 How to make Chicken Quesadillas with Apricot Jam
Spread half of the apricot jam on 1 tortilla and then place it jam side up on a large skillet.
Place half the spinach, cooked chicken and cheese over the apricot jam and then top with the second tortilla.
Cook the quesadilla on one side and then carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook on the other side.
Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the quesadilla into quarters.
Repeat for the remaining quesadilla.
Chicken Quesadillas with Apricot Jam
- 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 Chicken Breasts, cooked & chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ Cup Brie Cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoon Apricot Jam
- Spread half of the apricot jam on 1 tortilla and then place it jam side up on a large skillet.
- Place half the spinach, cooked chicken and cheese over the apricot jam and then top with the second tortilla.
- Cook quesadilla on one side and then, using a spatula, carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook on the other side.
- Remove from skillet and use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the quesadilla into quarters.
- Repeat for the remaining quesadilla.
- Optionally serve with sour cream, salsa or quesadilla dipping sauce.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.