I had some leftover Chorizo that I needed to use before it went bad so decided to make this quick & easy Chili Relleno Dip.
And the best part is you only need 6 ingredients plus some tortilla chips for dipping.
While you can pretty much use any brand of cream cheese, I highly recommend you use Philadelphia brand cream cheese (no affiliation). You will taste the difference, especially when it is the main ingredient for this dip recipe.
I also prefer to use Mexican Blend Cheese which is usually a combination of Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero cheeses.
If you don't have any Mexican Blend Cheese on hand, good substitutes would be Mozzarella Cheese or Monterey Jack.
Additionally, if you don't have any Taco seasoning on hand to mix with the cream cheese you can make your own Homemade Taco Seasoning.
If you're not familiar with Salsa Verde, it's a green salsa usually made with Tomatillos. Most grocery stores should carry some.
I recommend serving this Chili Relleno Dip warm in the skillet with some tortilla chips for dipping.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chili Relleno Dip recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Chorizo, Cream Cheese, Taco Seasoning, Salsa Verde, Mexican Blend Cheese, Green Chilies and some Tortilla Chips for serving.
🥣 How to make Chili Relleno Dip
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese and taco seasoning until combined and smooth.
Spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer in the skillet, followed by the salsa verde and cooked chorizo.
Sprinkle the cheese over the chorizo and finally top with the green chilies.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Chili Relleno Dip
- Cast Iron Skillet (10-inch)
- 4 oz Ground Chorizo, cooked
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- ⅓ Cup Salsa Verde
- 2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Green Chilies, drained
- Tortilla Chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese and taco seasoning until combined and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer in the skillet, followed by the salsa verde and cooked chorizo.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the chorizo and finally top with the green chilies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.