This Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight dessert is so easy to make that you can even let the kiddos help you make it. This is one sinful dessert!
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight recipe comes courtesy of my mom. Not sure what took her so long to share this little gem with me. Unfortunately she doesn’t recall where she got it but a quick search on Google leads me to believe it’s been around a long time.
As you can see by the directions below, this delicious dessert is super easy to make. It does require some time to chill so you need to plan ahead. Ideally you would make this chocolate chip cookie dessert the day before you are going to serve it.
If you spend any amount of time baking, you will find this recipe easy. If I had kids this would be the type of recipes I would want to make with them. It’s one of those “lick the spoons” kind of recipes.
You will see on the recipe card that I say to use a 9 x 13 baking dish. That’s all fine but this time around I wanted a thicker filling so I used a 9-inch baking dish.
When it comes to the pudding I like to use a combination of chocolate and vanilla. There’s just something about that combination of flavors that does it for me. That being said, you can experiment and use whatever flavors you want like all chocolate for example.
If you haven’t seen all my other delicious dessert recipes yet, you can check them all out by visiting my dessert page.
How to Make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight recipe
Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350°F until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 3/4 cups whipped topping. Spread over crust.
In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chocolate curls or nuts if desired.
Cover and refrigerate until firm, 8 hours or overnight.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight
- 16 oz Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, refrigerated
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 12 oz Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- 3 Cups Milk, cold
- 1 pkg Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Chopped Nuts or Chocolate Chips, Optional
how to make this recipe
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow it to soften. Press the cookie dough into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350°F until golden brown, approximately 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 3/4 cups of Cool Whip. Spread over crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Optionally sprinkle with Chopped Nuts or Chocolate Chips.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.