This Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight recipe comes courtesy of my mom. Not sure what took her so long to share this little gem with me. Unfortunately she doesn't recall where she got it but a quick search on Google leads me to believe it's been around a long time.
As you can see by the directions below, this delicious dessert is super easy to make. It does require some time to chill so you need to plan ahead. Ideally you would make this chocolate chip cookie dessert the day before you are going to serve it.
💭 Recipe Tip
While you can pretty much use any brand of cream cheese, I highly recommend you use Philadelphia brand cream cheese. You will taste the difference.
If you spend any amount of time baking, you will find this recipe easy. If I had kids this would be the type of recipe I would want to make with them. It's one of those "lick the spoons" kind of recipes.
🥜 Nut Allergies
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
You will see on the recipe card that I say to use a 9 x 13 baking dish. That's all fine but this time around I wanted a thicker filling so I used a 9-inch baking dish.
When it comes to the pudding I like to use a combination of chocolate and vanilla. There's just something about that combination of flavors that does it for me. That being said, you can experiment and use whatever flavors you want like all chocolate for example.
For more great recipes with Cream Cheese, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar, Whipped Topping, Milk, Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix, Vanilla Pudding Mix and Chopped Nuts or Chocolate Chips.
🥣 How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight recipe
Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350°F until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 ¾ cups whipped topping. Spread over crust.
In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chocolate curls or nuts if desired.
Cover and refrigerate until firm, 8 hours or overnight.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight
- 16 oz Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, refrigerated
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 12 oz Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 3 Cups Milk, cold
- 1 pkg Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 pkg Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Chopped Nuts or Chocolate Chips, Optional
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow it to soften. Press the cookie dough into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350°F until golden brown, approximately 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 ¾ cups of Cool Whip. Spread over crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Optionally sprinkle with Chopped Nuts or Chocolate Chips.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.