This Club Chicken Casserole is perfect for those busy weeknights. A delicious chicken and rice casserole in only 1 hour!
It sure doesn't get much easier than this Club Chicken Casserole if you are looking for a quick recipe to feed your family on a busy weeknight. I mean how can you go wrong with chicken and rice?
This casserole is even easier to make if you use a rotisserie chicken as I do. For about $7 I usually get two or three good dishes out of it. It might be a little more work taking the meat off the bones but I will find it easier than baking or frying up some chicken then cutting it into bite-size pieces.
What I also love about this versatile recipe is that you can easily customize it for your audience. If you are feeding a bunch of picky eaters you can substitute the green chilies and/or pimentos for anything you want like mushrooms or corn. Whatever you have on hand.
The use of bread crumbs as a topping is completely optional as well. I personally like a little crunch with my casseroles so I used about half a cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs. If you don't have any on hand, you can substitute for regular bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs or nothing at all!
♨️ Similar Recipes
- Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bake
- Baked Chicken Zucchini Spaghetti Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake with Bacon
- Chinese Stir-Fry Casserole
📋 What ingredients do I need to make this casserole
You will need the following ingredients to make this Club Chicken Casserole: Unsalted Butter, Low Sodium Chicken Broth, Green Chilies, All Purpose Flour, Short Grain Rice, Pimentos, Salt, Evaporated Milk and Chicken Breasts.
🥣 How do I make this Chicken Casserole recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large saucepan, melt butter. Blend in the all purpose flour, milk, broth and 1/2 cup of water. Cook until bubbling, stirring constantly.
Add the cooked rice, chicken, green chilies, pimentos and salt. Pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
🍳 Recipe Card
Club Chicken Casserole
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 oz Green Chilies, drained
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Short Grain Rice, cooked
- 1/4 Cup Pimentos, drained
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 14 1/2 oz Evaporated Milk
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Breasts, cooked & diced
- 1/4 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Blend in the all purpose flour, milk, broth and 1/2 cup of water. Cook until bubbling, stirring constantly.
- Add the cooked rice, chicken, green chilies, pimentos and salt. Pour into greased 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.