Every now and then you come across a gem of a recipe. And this recipe is one of those little gems. This Chili Chicken Casserole may not look like much on the surface but believe me, it’s packed full of flavor!
This Chicken Casserole is so good that everyone will be asking for seconds.
💭 Recipe Tip
A little tip I have shared on this blog before, you can use pre-cooked shredded rotisserie chicken from Costco or your local grocery store to make the preparation of this casserole even easier.
For those of you who don’t like spicy dishes, don’t fear! This Chili Chicken Casserole would probably rate a big fat “0” on the Scoville Scale.
🌡️ How Hot Are the Peppers
The Scoville Scale is the measurement that tells you the spiciness of a given type of pepper.
|Pepper Type||Scoville Rating (Heat)|
|Tabasco & Cayenne||30,000-50,000|
🐓 How to Handle Raw Chicken
Leave the chicken in the fridge until ready to use.
Be careful of dripping juices. Clean up immediately.
Do not wash raw chicken (which prevents cross-contamination).
Wash all utensils and cutting boards (if applicable).
If marinating the chicken, make sure you toss the juices before you cook. Don't ever use the juice from the marinade.
Wash your hands after handling raw chicken.
💭 Recipe Tip
While you can use any cream cheese brand, I highly recommend you use Philadelphia brand cream cheese. You will taste the difference.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chili Chicken Casserole recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Sour Cream, Ricotta Cheese, Cream Cheese, Chicken, Short Grain Rice, Monterey Jack Cheese, Cream of Chicken Soup, Green Chilies, Diced Tomatoes, Black Beans, Black Olives, Garlic Salt and Tortilla Chips.
🥣 How to Make Chili Chicken Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, ricotta cheese and cream cheese. Add the garlic salt and mix until smooth.
Add all the remaining ingredients (except the tortilla chips) to the large mixing bowl. Toss until everything is well combined.
Pour the chicken mixture into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover the chicken mixture with crushed tortilla chips.
Bake for 30 minutes, sprinkling a little more cheese near the end of the bake.
Hot Rod's Chili Chicken Casserole
- Bowl for Mixing
- Baking Dish (9 x 13)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 3 Cups Chicken Breasts, cooked & chopped
- 3 Cups Short Grain Rice, cooked
- 1 ½ Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 10.75 oz Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 oz Green Chilies, drained
- 15 oz Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 15 oz Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 4 oz Black Olives, drained
- 2 Cups Tortilla Chips, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, ricotta cheese and cream cheese. Add the garlic salt and mix until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except the tortilla chips) to the large mixing bowl. Toss until everything is well combined.
- Pour the chicken mixture into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover the chicken mixture with crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes, sprinkling a little more cheese near the end of the bake.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.