There is nothing better on game day than this Copycat Applebee's Queso Blanco dip. Who doesn't like hot melted cheese? Ready in 30 minutes!
When it comes to appetizers, specifically dips, this Copycat Applebee’s Queso Blanco is my favorite. Delicious white melted cheese with just a hint of spiciness.
I usually use a can of petite diced tomatoes when I make this recipe. Sometimes I’m just not in the mood to chop veggies. If you do take the can route as I do, make sure you thoroughly drain the juices before adding them to the cheese mixture. I like to let the tomatoes sit in a colander over paper towels for a good 15 to 20 minutes.
Wear disposable gloves when handling Hot Peppers.
The capsaicin in hot peppers is what makes peppers hot. If you handle hot peppers gloveless, it’s a guarantee that you’re in for a nasty case of chili burn, both on your fingers and anywhere you rub. Like your face. Ouch!
Even if you wear disposable gloves, be careful about what you touch. The gloves are going to protect your fingers, but touching any part of your body with the gloves after you’ve handled hot peppers can lead to severe chili burn. Resist the temptation to rub your eyes. Wait until you’ve removed your gloves and washed your hands thoroughly with soap.
I like to use shredded cheese when I can as it tends to melt faster and a little more evenly but it may be hard to find. If you buy your cheese in a block, make sure you chop it up into cubes before adding them to the saucepan. Also, stir often and keep the heat in check. It’s very easy to burn the cheese in the bottom of the pan!
So how does this Copycat Recipe compare to the original on a scale of 1 to 10?
Since the goal of a Copycat Recipe is for it to taste exactly like the original, it’s only natural to rate this recipe against the original. This Copycat recipe rates a solid 9 out of 10 in my opinion.
For more great Appetizer Recipes, check these out:
- Allie’s English Muffin Snacks
- Apricot Glazed Chicken Wings
- Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Pesto Guacamole
- Baked Turkey Pesto Sliders
What ingredients do I need to make this copycat recipe
You will need the following ingredients to make this Copycat Applebee’s Queso Blanco: Vegetable Oil, Jalapeños, White Onion, White Cheddar Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese, Half & Half, Diced Tomatoes and Fresh Cilantro.
How do I make this copycat Applebee’s Queso Blanco
In a medium-sized pot over low – medium heat add vegetable oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped the jalapeño and white onion. Saute onions and peppers until the onion becomes translucent.
Add all cheeses and half and half. Reduce heat to low and stir the cheese until it melts.
When the cheese has melted, stir in the tomatoes and half of the cilantro. Mix to combine.
Garnish with the remaining cilantro and chopped jalapeños.
Copycat Applebee’s Queso Blanco
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeño(s), finely minced
- 1/3 Cup White Onion, finely chopped
- 16 oz White Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
how to make this recipe
- In a medium sized pot over low – medium heat add vegetable oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper and white onion. Saute onion and peppers until the onion becomes translucent.
- Chop cheese into large pieces, add all cheeses and half & half. Reduce heat to low and stir the cheese so it melts.
- When all of the cheese has melted add the fresh tomatoes, stir the tomatoes in. Stir in half of the cilantro. Just before serving garnish the queso with remaining cilantro and chopped jalapenos.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.