For Cinnamon Lovers. These Crunchy Cinnamon Cookies are to die for! It's impossible to eat just one of these. Trust me.
I love these Crunchy Cinnamon Cookies. I like experimenting with different kinds of cookie recipes and keep the best ones for my shortlist of go-to cookies. These Cookies made it to that list.
I often mention on this blog that many of my recipes are easy to make like this one is. Additionally, I always say how great the recipe tastes. That’s because if I don’t like how the recipe turns out, I don’t publish it on this food blog.
These cookies are no different, they are easy to make and taste great. The very first time I made them, they were gone before I knew it!
For more great cookie recipes, make sure you check out my Cookie Jar. That’s where I like to keep all my awesome cookie recipes!
Since I love Cinnamon so much, I just had to look up its origin on one of my favorite websites. Here’s the article I found.
How to Make Crunchy Cinnamon Cookies.
1- Preheat oven to 400°F.
2- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, eggs, shortening, vanilla, and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed until creamy.
4- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Sift into the butter mixture and mix to combine.
5- In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon and 2 Tbsp of sugar.
6- Scoop 1 tablespoonful of dough and roll into a ball. Toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the baking sheet.
7- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before serving.
Crunchy Cinnamon Cookies
- 2 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Egg(s)
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, eggs, shortening, vanilla, and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed until creamy.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Sift into butter mixture and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon and 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- Scoop 1 tablespoonful of dough and roll into a ball. Toss in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before serving.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.