These Crunchy Mozzarella Sticks are not only delicious but super easy to make. Cheesy goodness with a nice crunch from the corn flakes!
I've always wanted to make Mozzarella Sticks with those packed cheese sticks that we pack in the kid's lunch bag. My wife challenged me to come up with a recipe to use up some Corn Flakes we had leftover. I initially thought about making some chicken tenders but decided to experiment a bit and make these Crunchy Mozzarella Sticks.
Obviously, this recipe is not hard to make. One of the steps I really recommend is letting the cheese sticks site in the freezer for a good 45 minutes. This is an optional step but I think a very important one. It really changes the texture of the sticks.
I've only ever had mozzarella sticks plain or with a marinara sauce for dipping. My wife thinks ranch dressing might be good too but I'm not so sure about that. I will leave the dipping sauce up to each of you based on your preferences.
You are probably wondering how to crush the Corn Flakes. I recommend adding them to a zip-lock type bag and using a rolling pin or something similar to crush them. You should crush them to your desired consistency. This is what is great about these types of recipes if that you can make them your own.
Check out these delicious recipes we recently posted:
- Spicy Guacamole Hot Dogs
- Spicy Sriracha Guacamole
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mom’s Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
- Super Simple Soda Bread
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make these Crunchy Mozzarella Sticks: Mozzarella String Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Corn Flakes, Baking Powder, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Egg and Salt & Pepper.
🥣 How do I make these Crunchy Mozzarella Sticks
In a small bowl, whisk the egg with salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
Dip each piece of cheese into the egg mixture, and then roll in the Corn Flake mixture to coat. Repeat one more time to form a double coating on each cheese stick.
Place cheese sticks into a small rectangular dish and place it in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat about half an inch of oil over medium heat.
Fry cheese sticks until golden brown, about 60 to 90 seconds per side. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
Optionally serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
🍳 Recipe Card
Crunchy Mozzarella Sticks
- 5 Mozzarella String Cheese, cut in half
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Cup Corn Flakes, crushed
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Egg(s)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Marinara Sauce, for dipping
how to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Dip each piece of cheese into the egg mixture, and then roll in the corn flake mixture to coat. Repeat one more time to form a double coating on each cheese stick.
- Place cheese sticks into a small rectangular dish and place it in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat about half an inch of oil over medium heat.
- Fry cheese sticks until golden brown, about 60 to 90 seconds per side. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Optionally serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.