This Baked Salsa Chicken recipe is super easy to make. This recipe requires very little prep time and ready in 45 minutes which is perfect for those busy weeknights.
If you like your food a little on the spicy side, I suggest you use medium or hot salsa. Otherwise, just stick with regular salsa. Personally I think a medium salsa is the way to go with this one.
I realize not everyone might have access to Mexican Blend Cheese so as a substitute I would recommend using cheddar cheese. I've had it both ways and they are both delicious!
🐓 How to Handle Raw Chicken
Leave the chicken in the fridge until ready to use.
Be careful of dripping juices. Clean up immediately.
Do not wash raw chicken (prevents cross-contamination).
Wash all utensils and cutting board (if applicable).
If marinating the chicken, make sure you toss the juices before you cook. Don't ever use the juice from the marinade.
Wash your hands after handling raw chicken.
The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 165°F when cooking chicken. I always use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of meats to ensure it is safe to eat.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Salsa Chicken: Chicken Breasts, Taco Seasoning, Salsa, Mexican Blend Cheese and Sour Cream.
🥣 How do I make this Baked Salsa Chicken
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts. Pour salsa over the chicken.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with the shredded cheese and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired.
Easy Baked Salsa Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Salsa, you pick the heat
- 1 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon Sour Cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts. Pour salsa over the chicken.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with the shredded cheese and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.