These Heath Bit Bars are one of my favorite bars! Sweet & Salty! Very easy to make and ready to serve within 30 minutes.
These Heath Bit Bars are Sinful. Which means they are probably not very healthy. That's ok, you only live once right? I first started baking with Heath Bits when I made my Better Than Sex Poke Cake.
Needless to say, I will be using these delicious Heath Bits as often as I can! The ingredients list chopped pecans but I recently made these bars without pecans for someone that didn't want them. they were still to die for!
Oh and don't forget, if you use a different size pan than what I list below, make sure you adjust the cooking time accordingly so the dough completely cooks. Nobody wants to bite into raw dough. Like most recipes like this, the edges will cook much quicker than the center so when checking the dough, check in the middle.
If you like the flavor of Heath Bars, you must give my Toffee Meringue Bars recipe a try. You won't be disappointed!
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make these Heath Bit Bars: Heath Bar Bits, Unsalted Butter, Light Brown Sugar, Egg Yolk, Vanilla Extract, All Purpose Flour and Pecans.
🥣 How to Make Heath Bit Bars
Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside 3/4 Cup of Heath Bits.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add brown sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat until blended.
Fold in flour, heath bits and pecans (optional).
Press dough into ungreased 10 x 15 jelly roll pan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining 3/4 Cup of Heath bits over the top while hot.
Let cool slightly then cut into bars. Let cool completely before serving.
🍳 Recipe Card
Heath Bit Bars
- 16 oz Heath Bar Bits
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, Chopped
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside 3/4 Cup of Heath Bits.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add brown sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat until blended.
- Fold in flour, heath bits and pecans (optional).
- Press dough into ungreased 10 x 15 jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle remaining 3/4 Cup of Heath bits over the top while hot.
- Let cool slightly then cut into bars. Let cool completely before serving.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.