These Heath Bit Bars are Sinful. Which means they are probably not very healthy. That's ok, you only live once right? I first started baking with Heath Toffee Bits when I made my Better Than Sex Poke Cake then followed up with some Toffee Meringue Bars.
Needless to say, I will be using these delicious Heath Toffee Bits as often as I can! The list of ingredients includes some chopped pecans but I recently made these bars without pecans for someone that didn't want them. They were still to die for even without the pecans!
🥜 Nut Allergy Warning
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
Nobody wants to bite into raw dough. Like most recipes similar to this one, the edges will cook much quicker than the center so when you are checking the dough, make sure you check the middle to ensure it is cooked.
Oh and don't forget, if you use a different size pan than what I list on the recipe card, make sure you adjust the cooking time accordingly so the dough completely cooks.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Heath Bit Bars recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Heath Toffee Bits, Unsalted Butter, Light Brown Sugar, Egg Yolk, Vanilla Extract, All Purpose Flour and Pecans.
🥣 How to Make Heath Bit Bars
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside a ¾ Cup of the Heath Toffee Bits.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add brown sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat until blended.
Fold in the flour, heath toffee bits and optionally the chopped pecans.
Press dough into an ungreased 10 x 15 jelly roll pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining ¾ Cup of Heath bits over the top while the dough is still hot.
Let cool slightly then cut into bars. Let cool completely before serving.
Heath Bit Bars
- Jelly Roll Pan
- Bowl for Mixing
- 16 oz Heath Toffee Bits
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside ¾ Cup of Heath Bits.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add brown sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat until blended.
- Fold in flour, heath bits and pecans (optional).
- Press dough into ungreased 10 x 15 jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle remaining ¾ Cup of Heath bits over the top while hot.
- Let cool slightly then cut into bars. Let cool completely before serving.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.