Can you believe you can make a simple Mac & Cheese in your Instant Pot? As you know I love my Mac & Cheese but was a little apprehensive to make mac & cheese in my Instant Pot. But being the chef that I think I am, I decided to give it a shot. Since you are reading this post, it turned out just fine. I would never post a recipe that I would not feed my family or eat myself. Truth.
Good food is very often, even most often, simple food.
This recipe is actually pretty easy to make and a lot less work than my other Gourmet Mac & Cheese recipes. Sure it might not rise to the flavors of my other dishes, but this one is still better than anything you will get out of a box. What I also like about this Mac & Cheese recipe is that you probably already have all the ingredients at home. I know I did which saved me a trip to my local grocery store.
Instant Pot Mac and CheesePrint Pin Rate
- 2 1/2 Cups Pasta
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Dry Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Milk, Divided
- 2 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
How to make this Recipe
- Add pasta, water, onion powder, dry mustard, salt, pepper and butter to the instant pot.
- Set timer for 6 minutes on high pressure.
- Release pressure once completed, there will be water in the bottom – do not drain.
- Stir in the cream cheese to melt. Add the 1/4 cup milk slowly until blended.
- Stir in the cheddar and parmesan cheese. Add the remaining 1/2 cup milk until the desired consistency is reached. You may not need the entire amount of milk.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.