Marg's Chicken Divan dish is comfort Food at it's best! Nothing fancy here but how can you go wrong with chicken, bacon, and cheese?
Marg’s Chicken Divan recipe originally came to me from my Mom’s best friend Marg. Her recipe was so good it inspired me to make a few small tweaks like adding bacon (because as you know, everything tastes better with bacon) and a few other items from her original recipe.
Don't you just love taking an already delicious recipe and make some changes to it and call it your own? I know I do.
This is just one of those old comfort food type recipes. Nothing fancy about this one but a flavorful dish that you will enjoy year-round. I mean, how can you go wrong with chicken, bacon, and cheese?
By the way, if you like this recipe from my friend Marg, you have to check out Marg's Classic Fudge recipe. Yummy classic fudge!
🐓 How to Handle Raw Chicken
1- Leave the chicken in the fridge until ready to use.
2- Be careful of dripping juices. Clean up immediately.
3- Do not wash raw chicken (prevents cross-contamination).
4- Wash all utensils and cutting board (if applicable).
5- If marinating the chicken, make sure you toss the juices before you cook. Don't ever use the juice from the marinade.
6- Wash your hands after handling raw chicken.
For another great chicken recipe, check out my Mister Bumbles Celebration Chicken. Easy to make like this recipe and equally delicious.
What Ingredients will I need to make this Chicken Recipe?
You will need the following ingredients to make this delicious Chicken Divan: Chicken, Broccoli, Carrots, Cream of Chicken Soup, Green Bell Pepper, Green Onions, Milk, Garlic Powder, Dried Oregano, Thyme, Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Bread Crumbs and Butter.
How to Make Marg's Chicken Divan
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a shallow casserole dish, line the bottom with the chopped broccoli, carrots and peppers. Spread cooked chicken evenly over vegetables.
In a mixing bowl, mix milk, cream of chicken, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken.
Spread crumbled bacon, onions, and cheese over chicken. Coat everything with bread crumbs. Finally, pour melted butter over bread crumbs.
Cook for 45 minutes. Broil 1 extra minute to brown the topping.
Marg's Chicken Divan
- 4 Cups Chicken Breast(s), Cooked & Cubed
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets, Chopped
- 1 Cup Carrot(s), Chopped
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Bacon, Cooked & Crumbled
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a shallow casserole dish, line the bottom with the chopped broccoli, carrots and peppers. Spread cooked chicken evenly over vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, mix milk, cream of chicken, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Spread crumbled bacon, onions and cheese over chicken. Coat everything with bread crumbs. Finally pour melted butter over bread crumbs.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Broil 1 extra minute to brown topping.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.