Here's a great recipe for your furkids! My dogs Max and Ginger go absolutely nuts for these pupcakes.
What I really like about making my own dog treats is that you know exactly what's going into them versus those Chinese made treats with unknown ingredients and chemicals. Homemade dog treats give us piece of mind!
Originally I was going to make them some cookies but I remembered that my dogs go nuts when they see me eating a cupcake so I figured why not, let's make them some pupcakes!
I added a small milk-bone to each pupcake but this is totally optional. I just figured my kids deserved it.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this recipe: All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Eggs, Greek Yogurt, Unsweetened Applesauce, Creamy Peanut Butter, Apples, Honey, Heavy Cream and Mini Dog Biscuits.
🥣 How to Make Max & Ginger Pupcakes
Preheat Oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, eggs, yogurt, and applesauce until well combined.
Stir in peanut butter, honey, and grated apple and mix well.
Add ¼ cup of batter to cupcake pan with liners.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
While cooling, beat whipping cream until light and fluffy. Pipe whipped cream onto cooled cupcakes and top each with a Mini Dog Biscuit.
🍳 Recipe Card
Max & Ginger Pupcakes
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Egg(s)
- 6 oz Plain Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ⅓ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Apple(s), Peeled & Grated
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 12 Mini Dog Biscuits
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, eggs, yogurt and applesauce until well combined.
- Stir in peanut butter, honey and grated apple and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup of batter to cupcake pan with liners.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan before transferring them to cooling rack.
- While cooling, beat whipping cream until light and fluffy. Pipe whipped cream onto cooled cupcakes and top each with a Mini Dog Biscuit.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.