My love for a good chili is a never-ending quest. I absolutely love to experiment and create new chili dishes. I prefer my chili with beans and meat with a kick to it. Most chilis can take hours before they are ready to serve.
Not this Quick and Easy Turkey Chili recipe. No more than 45 minutes from start to finish. If you like your chili with a little kick, just add a few more red pepper flakes (be careful though!).
I like to serve this chili with some shredded Monterey Jack cheese and some crushed tortillas but you can also add some diced green onions for a little extra zing.
My Easy Weeknight Turkey Chili is another favorite if mine to make after a long day at work.
💭 Ingredient Substitution
If you don't have any Great Northern Beans on hand you can substitute them for an equal amount of Navy Beans or Cannellini Beans.
An alternative to using chicken broth is Better Than Bouillon. I often use it when I don't have broth on hand.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this quick and easy turkey chili recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Olive Oil, Ground Turkey, Yellow Onion, Low Sodium Chicken Broth, Green Chilies, Garlic Powder, Ground Cumin, Dried Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes and Great Northern Beans.
🥣 How to Make Quick and Easy Turkey Chili
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until slightly browned, stirring often.
Add the diced onions to the skillet and cook until the turkey is cooked through.
Stir in broth, green chilies and spices. Add the beans and mix to combine.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the beans are tender.
Serve and optionally top with your favorite garnishes.
Rod's Quick and Easy Turkey Chili
- Skillet (or Dutch Oven)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ½ lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- ¼ Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 oz Green Chilies, diced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 30 oz Great Northern Beans, rinsed & drained
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Green Onions, chopped
- Tortilla Chips, crushed
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until slightly browned, stirring often.
- Add the diced onions to the skillet and cook until the turkey is cooked through.
- Stir in broth, green chilies and spices. Add the beans and mix to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Serve and optionally top with your favorite garnishes.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.