My love for a good chili is a never-ending quest. I absolutely love to experiment and create new chili dishes. I prefer my chili with beans and meat with a kick to it. Most chilis can take hours before they are ready to serve. Not this Quick and Easy Turkey Chili recipe. No more than 45 minutes from start to finish. If you like your chili with a little kick, just add a few more red pepper flakes (be careful though!).
I like to serve this chili with some shredded Monterey Jack cheese and some crushed tortillas but you can also add some diced green onions for a little extra zing.
An alternative to using chicken broth is Better Than Bouillon. I often use it when I don't have broth on-hand.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this quick and easy turkey chili recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Olive Oil, Ground Turkey, Yellow Onion, Low Sodium Chicken Broth, Green Chilies, Garlic Powder, Ground Cumin, Dried Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes and Great Northern Beans.
🥣 How to Make Quick and Easy Turkey Chili
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until brown, stirring often. Remove turkey from skillet with a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
Add diced onions to the skillet and cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth, green chilies, and spices. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add turkey and beans to the broth and mix to combine. Cook until beans are tender.
Serve in small bowls with desired garnishes.
Rod's Quick and Easy Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ½ lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- ¼ Cup Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 oz Green Chilies, Diced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cans Great Northern Beans
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Green Onions
- Tortilla Chips
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until brown, stirring often. Remove turkey from skillet with a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
- Add diced onions to skillet and cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth, green chilies and spices. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add turkey and beans to broth and mix to combine. Cook until beans are tender.
- Serve in small bowls with desired garnishes.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.