This Quick and Easy Turkey Chili recipe is not only delicious, it's also super easy to make. Excellent choice if you prefer white meat.
My love for a good chili is a never-ending quest. I absolutely love to experiment and create new chili dishes. I prefer my chili with beans and meat with a kick to it. Most chilis can take hours before they are ready to serve. Not this Quick and Easy Turkey Chili recipe. No more than 45 minutes from start to finish. If you like your chili with a little kick, just add a few more red pepper flakes (be careful though!).
I like to serve this chili with some shredded Monterey Jack cheese and some crushed tortillas but you can also add some diced green onions for a little extra zing.
For another great turkey chili recipe like this one, give my Delicious Turkey Chili recipe a try. I also suggest you try these chili recipes that use white meat: Colorado River Turkey Chili or Spicy Chicken Chili or White Bean and Chicken Chili
An alternative to using chicken broth is Better Than Bouillon. I often use it when I don't have broth on-hand.
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this turkey chili: Olive Oil, Ground Turkey, Yellow Onion, Low Sodium Chicken Broth, Green Chilies, Garlic Powder, Ground Cumin, Dried Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes and Great Northern Beans.
🥣 How to Make my Quick and Easy Turkey Chili
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until brown, stirring often. Remove turkey from skillet with a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
Add diced onions to the skillet and cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth, green chilies, and spices. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add turkey and beans to the broth and mix to combine. Cook until beans are tender.
Serve in small bowls with desired garnishes.
🍳 Recipe Card
Rod's Quick and Easy Turkey Chili
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 ½ lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- ¼ Cup Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 oz Green Chilies, Diced
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cans Great Northern Beans
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Green Onions
- Tortilla Chips
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until brown, stirring often. Remove turkey from skillet with a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
- Add diced onions to skillet and cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth, green chilies and spices. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add turkey and beans to broth and mix to combine. Cook until beans are tender.
- Serve in small bowls with desired garnishes.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.