I prefer not to use a can when I can make it myself so here is a super easy way to make Sloppy Joes sandwiches from scratch as long as you a have a little time to prepare. What is great about this Sloppy Joe recipe is that you get to use your crockpot so you can prepare this ahead of time for those busy days. Another alternative for you sloppy joe lovers out is to try my Sloppy Joe Casserole
Slow Cooker Sloppy JoesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tsp Yellow Mustard
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
How to make this Recipe
- Add all ingredients to crock pot. Mix so that everything is well combined.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally. If the mixture starts looking dried out at any time, just add a bit of water to make it juicier. If the mixture is too juicy, leave the lid off of your slow cooker for the last half hour and let some of the liquids evaporate to thicken up. You may also add a bit or cornstarch to the mixture.
- Serve up a healthy portion on a toasted hamburger bun.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.