If you like your chili on the spicy side, then you need to try this Spicy Chorizo and Bean Chili. It’s packed full of Beans and Chorizo with tons of yummy spices.
The nice thing about this recipe is that using your Instant Pot, it can be ready within 1 hour with only 1 pot to clean!
💭 What is Chorizo
If you are not familiar with Chorizo, it's spicy ground pork used in many Mexican dishes. Now while Chorizo tastes great, it isn't very diet friendly. Chorizo is relatively high in protein, it is also high in calories and fat, making it something you shouldn't consume often if you are trying to lose weight.
If you prefer a nice chili with a little less kick to it, then I suggest you try one of my other chili's. Either way, you can’t go wrong! Check these other Chili Recipes out: White Bean and Chicken Chili, Colorado River Turkey Chili, Spicy Chicken Chili.
💭 Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
The Instant Pot is a combination pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer with a few other capabilities. With an Instant Pot, you can make some recipes in minutes compared to hours the traditional way. While not always the case, it's a very handy appliance if you are always on the run.
The Instant Pot comes with several safety features. If you happen to encounter an error message on the display of your IP, I suggest you visit Instant Pot's Official Customer Care Center.
If you frequently use your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, you've probably experienced a "smelly" lid. Here's a simple way to get rid of the smell. Fill the Instant Pot with 2 Cups of White Vinegar. Seal the lid. Use the steam setting for 2 minutes. Remove the rubber ring from the lid and let dry completely before using it.
If you are looking for more great Instant Pot recipes you can find them on my Instant Pot Recipes Page.
For more delicious recipes like this one, I suggest you check these great recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Spicy Chorizo and Bean Chili recipe in your Pressure Cooker (see recipe card for quantities): Dried Pinto Beans, Dried Red Kidney Beans, Dried Black Beans, Chorizo, Vegetable Oil, Yellow Onion, Salt, Tomato Paste, Garlic Cloves, Chili Powder, Chipotle Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Crushed Tomatoes, Water and Fresh Cilantro.
🥣 How to Make Spicy Chorizo and Bean Chili
Drain and rinse the beans in a colander. Set aside.
Press saute on your Instant Pot. Add chorizo and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring to break up meat. Remove cooked Chorizo from Instant Pot to a bowl.
Heat oil in the pot. Add onion, cook and stir three minutes or until softened.
Add salt, tomato paste, minced garlic, chili powders, cumin and coriander to the Instant Pot. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, water, and beans and mix well.
Secure lid and move pressure release valve to sealing position. Press manual. Cook at high-pressure for 20 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes then do a quick pressure release for the remaining pressure.
Serve in a bowl topped with cilantro, cheese, and chips!
Spicy Chorizo and Bean Chili
- ½ Cup Dried Pinto Beans
- ½ Cup Dried Red Kidney Beans
- ½ Cup Dried Black Beans
- 12 oz Ground Chorizo
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 28 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Water
- Fresh Cilantro
- Drain and rinse the beans in a colander. Set aside.
- Press saute on your Instant Pot. Add chorizo and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring to break up meat. Remove cooked Chorizo from Instant Pot to a bowl.
- Heat oil in pot. Add onion, cook and stir three minutes or until softened.
- Add salt, tomato paste, minced garlic, chili powders, cumin and coriander to the Instant Pot. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, water and beans and mix well.
- Secure lid and move pressure release valve to sealing position. Press manual. Cook at high-pressure for 20 minutes. When cooking is complete, use natural release for 10 minutes then do a quick pressure release for the remaining pressure.
- Serve in a bowl topped with cilantro, cheese and chips!
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.