It's a savory and cheesy bread ring that is sure to impress everyone. The best part about this recipe is that it’s easy to make, even if you’re not an experienced baker!
💭 Serving Suggestions
This Swiss Onion Bread Ring can be served as an appetizer or a side dish at any meal. It pairs well with soups, salads or grilled meats. You can also serve it as a party snack by cutting it into small portions and arranging it on a platter.
💭 Ingredient Substitution
If you don't have any poppy seeds on hand you can substitute for some sesame seeds. If you don't want to use Swiss Cheese you can use some Gruyère cheese or even some White Cheddar Cheese.
💭 Recipe Tip
If you have problems getting the bread ring out of the pan use a butter knife or an offset around the side of the bread to make sure nothing is stuck to the pan.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Swiss Onion Bread Ring recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Poppy Seeds, Refrigerated French Bread, Swiss Cheese, Green Onions and Unsalted Butter.
🥣 How to make Swiss Onion Bread Ring
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Lightly grease a bundt pan. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon poppy seeds into the bundt pan.
Cut the dough into forty pieces. Place half of the dough into the pan.
Top the dough with half of the cheese and onions. Top with 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds. Drizzle with half of the melted butter.
Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Immediately invert onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
Swiss Onion Bread Ring
- Bundt Pan
- Wire Rack
- 2 ½ teaspoon Poppy Seeds, divided
- 22 oz Refrigerated French Bread
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
- ¾ Cup Green Onions, diced
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a bundt pan. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon poppy seeds into the bundt pan.
- Cut the dough into forty pieces. Place half of the dough into the pan.
- Top the dough with half of the cheese and onions. Top with 1 teaspoon poppy seeds. Drizzle with half of the melted butter.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately invert onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.