Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread is probably the original pull-apart bread. Not sure why they call it Monkey Bread, I think it's just to catch everyone's attention.
Over the years, so many variations of this recipe have emerged. While this one is simple, it's a classic that I intend to make over and over.
So whether you call it Monkey Bread or Pull-Apart bread it really doesn't matter. It's delicious! There's just something about a Cinnamon Sugar coating on baked goods.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Buttermilk Biscuits, White Sugar, Light Brown Sugar, Unsalted Butter and Ground Cinnamon.
🥣 How to make Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Put white sugar and cinnamon in a ziploc bag.
Cut biscuits in quarters and roll them in a ball, put them in the bag containing the sugar and cinnamon and shake well. Add the sugar-coated balls to the bundt pan working around the pan.
Pour the remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture over the dough in the pan.
Bring the brown sugar and butter to a boil and pour over the dough. Bake for 30 minutes.
Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread
- Bundt Pan
- 3 Pkg Buttermilk Biscuits
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Put white sugar and cinnamon in a ziploc bag.
- Cut biscuits in quarters and roll in a ball, put these in the bag containing the sugar and cinnamon and shake well. Add sugar coated balls to the bundt pan working around the pan.
- Pour remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture over the dough in the pan.
- Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil and pour over dough. Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.